About This Episode
In this episode, we interview Collette and Scott of Roamaroo. Collette and Scott are a travel couple from the States who said enough was enough in 2015 and decided to quit their jobs, rent out their house, sell their cars, and travel the world full time! During this interview, they discuss about how they met in Las Vegas, how to battle jet lag, the evolution of their website, how to find topics to blog about, staying in shape while traveling, and working to build your Instagram.
- 2:19 – Collette introduces what Roamaroo is all about.
- 3:48 – Collette lets our audience know how they met in Las Vegas!
- 4:19 – Scott talks about where they got married.
Part One: Travel
- 5:15 – Collette answers the question to why travel?
- 5:48 – Scott discusses where they were last, where they are now, and where they are going to next.
- 9:00 – Scott talks about their most rewarding travel experience together.
- 10:27 – We talk belly issues and seeing a massive spider in their room in Fiji as their most awkward and embarrassing travel experiences.
- 12:54 – Collette answers what their worst travel experience was together.
Part Two: Relationships
- 14:06 – Collette and Scott let us know how travel has effected their relationship.
- 14:50 – Scott lets us know that Collette is the one who takes the reigns when booking their trips.
- 15:48 – Collette lets us know what are the best destinations for two different styles of travelers.
- 20:05 – Collette and Scott talk about how hunger and jet lag can effect their travels together and how couples can battle those two things.
Part Three: Making Travel a Lifestyle
- 24:00 – Scott begins this segment by introducing how Roamaroo began.
- 26:10 – Collette describes how Roamaroo has evolved over the years.
- 28:00 – Collette and Scott discuss how to keep building traffic to your website.
- 30:40 – Collete talks to us about Passport to Fitness.
- 32:12 – Collette and Scott discusses how they split up the responsibilities of running a blog.
- 32:53 – Scott provides tips on how to make your photos pop on Instagram and build a following.
- 39:48 – Scott gives some practical advice about how couples can make travel more of a lifestyle.
- 41:37 – Collette talks about what is next for Roamaroo.
You’ve got me floating ? ••••• Hey Roamers! ?? Scott + Collette here. ? It’s been a while since we’ve introduced ourselves, so we’d like to welcome you to our great adventure. • Roamaroo all began in June 2015 when we decided to quit our jobs as corporate desk jockeys (Scott, a chemical engineer and Collette, a TV writer/producer), sell our cars, rent out our house and embark on a grown-up half-gap year. • We started a blog & social media to keep our friends and family updated on our adventures. Six months of travel turned into nearly two years of full-time travel. We decided to forego returning to our old jobs and instead, turn our baby into a business. • We hope to inspire you to take chances, follow your heart, and explore the most romantic places in the world. We’re so grateful that you’ve joined us on our journey. Our favorite part of our travels is the community that has been built around them and that’s thanks to you! Comment below, DM us, and say hello ?? ••••• #discoverla #travelcouple #travelsandchill #hermosabeach #hermosabeachpier • • • • #southbay #oursouthbay #ilovela #losangeles_la #losangeles_city #lastory #visitca #visitcalifornia #californiacoast #californiadreamin #calilove #bestbeach #beachesnresorts #jetsettering #pacificocean #visittheusa #westcoastliving #travelingcouple #couplesofig #coupleslovetravel #couplesofinstagram #couplesgoals #relationshipgoals #beautifulmatters #lovewhereyoulive
You can catch Collette and Scott and their travels here:
We hope you enjoy the Travel Couple Podcast. We want to know your feedback and comments on this podcast.
We would also ask that, if you would be so kind, please subscribe to our podcast and leave a review.
Free Online Resources to Start Your Digital Nomad Lives