About This Episode
In this episode, we interview Matt and Nikki of Passport Joy. They are a married American couple who quit their jobs to travel together and have documented their journeys on their blog and podcast. We talk with them about their work life before leaving for their round the world journey and how they juggle a podcast, blog, and their travels together.
- 2:10 – Matt and Nikki talk about how they met.
Part One: Travel
- 5:25 – Matt and Nikki answer questions relating to their travel experiences together.
Part Two: Relationships
- 23:00 – Matt and Nikki talk with us about travel and their relationship together.
Part Three: Making Travel a Lifestyle
- 29:50 – Matt and Nikki discuss how they have worked to make travel a lifestyle.
About 3 years ago, @nikkijav and I went to this amazing little restaurant – Bar do Mineiro – in Rio de Janeiro where we met @jdyubs – this relationship would add more fire to our travel dreams as she had similar passions. We are all still close and share travel stories often …we are excited to see her next week in Lisbon. The only reason we went to that restaurant was because I saw it on Anthony Bourdain. Very sad day. He inspired so many, brought travel dreams into our home, and now we have many relationships around the world we cherish. He was one of a kind. RIP.
- Matt and Nikki love Lisbon, Portugal and discuss it in great detail on this episode – Lisbon, Portugal (Our Second Trip to the Romantic & Festive City)
- Nikki loves San Pedro de Atacama and discusses it in great detail at 4 Days and 1 Night in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile (Best itinerary for traveling to San Pedro de Atacama)
- We brought up Traveler’s Guilt and we discuss it in more detail in this episode – Ka href=”https://passportjoy.com/travelers-guilt/”>Traveler’s Guilt (Make Sure You Do You)
- Matt loved his experience at Isle of Man, Ireland watching the TT Motorcycle Qualifiers and we discuss other reasons to love the island in this episode – Sicily and Isle of Man (2 Very Different Island Experiences)
- Kevin Kelly’s philosophy of 1,000 True Fans
- We mentioned that we only use one backpack each.
We explain how we do it in Backpack Travel (20 Essential Tips to Pack Your Life in a Carry-On)
- We mentioned that Nikki is a clinical pharmacist, here is one of her posts on medical travel ideas in Prescriptions Abroad (A Step-by-Step Guide for Travel)
You can catch Matt and Nikki and their travels here:
Passport Joy Podcast
We hope you enjoy the Travel Couple Podcast. We want to know your feedback and comments on this podcast.
We would also ask that, if you would be so kind, please subscribe to our podcast and leave a review.
Free Online Resources to Start Your Digital Nomad Lives